Support with Money

If you are suffering from financial hardship, or are concerned about money, please consider some of the many local support services that are available.

Self-employment and Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a monthly payment to help with your living costs. You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work. 

Housing / Rent

You can get help paying for your housing if you’re eligible for Universal Credit. This is called your housing payment.
Free School Meals If you are the parent, foster parent, network family carer or guardian of children at school, and you are on a low income, you could be entitled to free school meals.

Citizens Advice

[email protected]

03442 451282

Money Information Centre / Better Leeds Communities

0113 2754142

Advice and support for debt, housing and benefits issues.

Bradford District Credit Union

01274 434100

Family Loans of up to £500