School Improvement Plan
The school improvement plan has been developed by the governing body and leadership of the school in order to ensure that the strategic direction is clearly aligned with the key priorities for school improvement.
In developing this plan, the governing body and school leadership have taken into account;
- The areas for improvement identified by Ofsted in the October 2018 Ofsted Inspection
- Student, Parental and Staff priorities collected through the Kirkland Rowell Survey of April 2018
- Student and Parent voice collected through parental forums and internal student voice activities
- Buildings and resource priorities as determined by the PSBP2 building plan.
- Review of internal monitoring and evaluation processes
- External reviews of school provision including Pupil Premium and SEN
- Annual Leadership review of statutory requirements for secondary schools.
Whilst the SIP outlines key objectives for the school for the period 2018-21, it should be made clear that safeguarding is an ongoing and over-riding priority for the school.
Everyone working in or for our school is required to help keep children and young people safe. This is achieved through providing a safe environment; identifying children and young people who are at risk; taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure students are kept safe both at home and in our school setting; and promoting the well-being of students.
Whilst the most recent Ofsted inspection found safeguarding practice to be effective, Guiseley School is nonetheless committed to constantly reviewing and updating our safeguarding practice to ensure that we respond to the needs of our young people and can continue to keep them safe.
- Communication systems are revised and improved in order to create a more effective dialogue with parents, creating a strong sense of parental engagement and shared vision.
- School liaises and shares best practice with leaders of learning in other education settings to further enhance our professional expertise.
- Funding to support disadvantaged students is used effectively to improve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) outcomes. School accountability systems are developed to ensure leaders analyse plans to improve all student outcomes.
- The school works alongside PSBP2 contracted delivery team, maximising the potential of the new build to ensure the best physical learning environment.
- Attendance is above the national average (95%) with significantly reduced gaps for any vulnerable group.
- The school has developed systems, processes and an ethos to promote a culture which allows excellent behaviour for learning in every classroom and around school.
- Students are engaged with learning and extra-curricular activity, experiencing a sense of community and pride in their school.
- Careers information, advice and guidance enables students to leave school to access aspirational progression routes.
- Reporting systems and staff responses are developed to enable a culture of vigilance to be maintained around all elements of safeguarding.
- All students participate in an engaging learning experience across a broad and balanced curriculum.
- All staff have high expectations of what students can achieve, ensuring that all students are stretched and challenged, making good progress from their various starting points.
- All staff have a clear understanding of what good teaching looks like and are fully supported and challenged in their delivery of this.
- Assessment is robust and accurate, allowing for effective intervention and ensuring leaders can be clear on the impact of their plans to improve outcomes.
A Level for Cohort 2019
- Basics (English and mathematics) target of 55% (FFT20) to 62%+(FFT5) at GCSE grade 5 to 9
- B (or equivalent) will be the average grade achieved (attainment 8 target)
- Progress 8 target of between +0.3 and +0.7
- EBacc target of 40% (FFT20) to 50% (FFT5)
- 48% or more A*-B
- 100% A*-E
- Positive Level 3 value added score of between +0.01 and +0.15
- Attendance: 95%+ Exclusions: Below national averages.5
PLANNED DEVELOPMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR OBJECTIVES