Guiseley School will deal with all admissions enquiries from Years 8 to 13 and in year transfers that happen during Year 7.

If you think you would like your child to come to Guiseley School but would like to have a look around/speak to someone before committing yourself, please email our Assistant Headteacher, Rachel Probert, who will be able to assist: [email protected]. You can also have a look at the In-Year Transfer Booklet, which gives lots of handy hints and tips for new starters.

Any parent/carers wishing their child to come to Guiseley School must complete the Transfer Form. This form must be stamped and signed by the Headteacher of your child’s current school. Your child’s current academic data, behaviour record and attendance figure will also be required to assist in a smooth transition.

In Year Transfers

Guiseley School will continue to abide by the admissions priority criteria as set out in the Leeds City Council guidelines on applying for a place at secondary school.

Full details about Guiseley School can be found on the website or in the school prospectus.


  • Applications must be made directly to the school and not through the City Council.
  • If parent/carers wish to talk through their application before making it then they should contact the school and ask to speak to the member of staff who has direct responsibility for admissions.
  • The school application form (ICPF) can be obtained from the School website, emailing the school or in person from reception.
  • Parents are asked to complete all details of the form, they must also make sure that section 11 is completed and signed by the current school.
  • The form should be returned directly to school.
  • Contact with the current school will then be made to obtain academic and pastoral information.
  • If there is space in the Year group then a place will be offered and an appointment set up for parents and the student to meet members of the school staff.
  • Based upon the discussion the student will be allocated a Form and timetable and will usually start within five working days.
  • If the Year group is fully subscribed the students application will be placed on a waiting list that is held and maintained by Leeds City Council.


The position on the waiting list is based upon the following priorities:



Children in public care or fostered under an arrangement made by the local authority (see note 1).

Students without a state mentor education health and care plan but who have Special Educational Needs, or with exceptional medical or mobility needs, that can only be met at a specific school (See note 2).


Children with older brothers or sisters who will be at school at the start of the academic year and are living at the same address (see note 3). This priority will not apply where the older sibling joined the Sixth Form from a different school.


We will give priority to parents who live closest to Guiseley School.

If we have more applications than there are places, we will offer places first to children living nearest to the school (measured in a straight line based upon postcodes).

Guiseley School uses a straight-line distance system.



Children who have been adopted from local authority care, children with a residency order and those with special guardianship immediately following being Looked After will all be included within the higher priority for looked-after children (priority 1a).


Applications in this category must be supported by a statement in writing from a doctor or other relevant professional. This is necessary because you will be asking the school to assess your child as having a stronger case than other children. Each case will be considered on its merits. To receive this assistance you must contact the SENSAP team or the SENIT on 0113 3951039.


For these purposes, brothers and sisters must be living at the same address as your child. Siblings refer to brother or sister, half brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, foster brother or sister. The definition does not include cousins or other family members sharing a house.


For admission purposes, the home address is where the child usually lives with their parent or carer. You must not give the address of a childminder or relative. We will investigate any queries about addresses and, depending on what we find; we may not be able to offer your child a place. When we make an offer we assume your address will be the same in the following September as we have on record. If you plan to move house you must still give your current address.


Guiseley School has one school bus that travels to Menston. For all other travel needs you can read the full home-to-school policy by looking at Metro’s website at You can also phone Leeds Education Transport Assessment Team on 0113 3481121.